Call Us Today!
You can ask any business to supply evidence of general liability contractor insurance coverage. Any business that is not going to offer evidence of basic liability (GL) insurance coverage should be prevented. A minimum standard for GL insurance coverage is $1 million for property work and $2 million for light commercial.
There are other techniques for researching a/c, heating and ventilation business such as: call your regional Better Business Bereau (BBB), carry out online searches and evaluations and ask the company in concern for references. However, all of these techniques disappoint thorough transparency. The BBB actually works for the companies it represents as they are just rated if the business in concern pays them a recurring fee. Online evaluation sites hardly ever show all the evaluations received, and post reviews from sources that are not constantly reliable. This supplies a platform for companies to publish their own reviews and individuals to quickly publish reviews without the company in question's ability to professionally fix the concern. Additionally, no business would provide a negative recommendation; just those that are incredibly positive. None of these are ideal characteristics for consumers seeking entirely objective evaluations and recommendations. It is recommended to utilize these methods as an educated consumer and consider the information source for exactly what it is worth.
One of the finest methods to find a new a/c, heating and ventilation specialist is through the "word-of-mouth" approach. If the business advised was cost effective, professional and reliable for a good friend or member of the family, there is a great possibility that business will do the very same for you. Good companies utilize the word-of-mouth technique to continuously provide a new customer stream by keeping their clients delighted.
Other traditional methods for finding a brand-new air conditioning, heating and ventilation contractor include performing online searches, phone book directory sites or online directory sites and other ad mediums. Remember that of these approaches are purchased and spent for by the business in question. None of these methods need to function as a review and should be utilized just as locating sources.
3rd celebration providers such as Angie's list, Find Local and other online companies are the newest platforms for sourcing and rating air conditioning, heating and ventilating business. Although these business do offer a service with some benefit, they are, in reality, adding cost to the consumer. Angie's List, in addition to some other online service directory sites, charge the client straight for their ratings and companies' contact information. Other third-party sites offer consumers with air conditioning, heating and ventilation business and include the expense of being a middle-man to business equation. Bear in mind that none of these are "complimentary" which consumers must understand the cost and value of using entities like these.
Numerous price quotes are recommend when working with a cooling and heating professional. There are no industry requirements for prices HEATING AND COOLING associated product or service. Similar tasks can differ thousands of dollars from one company to the next. A minimum of 3 estimates is recommended prior to the repair work or replacement of any significant a/c and or heater element and before the style and setup of brand-new systems.
A second viewpoint can be of value if the repair work or replacement is costly. Not all specialists or business are equal or respectable. Fixing a/c and heating unit is extremely complicated. It is not unusual for a repair specialist to be unable to isolate the problem or for a representative to recommend an unnecessary purchases. Contacting a contending cooling and heating company can save time and loan and regret.
Car Talk – LIVE Question & Answer – Podcast #271 with Scotty Kilmer
Frequently Asked Questions:
Our House Air Condition Is Not Working, Because The Condenser Is Either Broken Or Leaking. Somehow It Not Gett
Getting Cold. We Already Have Them Come Out And Put More Feon On Last Year, But I Only Lastest For A For That Summer. I Think There Might Be Some Leaking, Do I Need A New Unit?
There is a lot of reasons that your air conditioner could not be blowing cold, but if it was low on freon before there is no reason why it couldnt be low again if there was no attempt to fix the freon leak.
Basically, freon should not leak out of a properly installed a/c unit, sometimes the installer will install dryer filters on the outside unit, the unit will run good for a while but eventually the dryer will leak since they are only designed to be on the unit for a couple days then removed, if thier is a dryer filter on your outside unit it needs to be removed.
But theres a bunch of stuff that can be fixed and mosts leaks can be fixed so really unless your unit is 20 years old you shouldnt need a new one, the only problem you will have is finding an honest a/c tech that will fix it for a reasonable price.....
Air-Conditioner (National Brand) Repair?
There'S Some Noise From The Air-Con. Its An Old Air-Con. When I Reduce The Fan Intensity On The Remote Control, The Noise Goes Slower..So I Reckon It May Be The Fan Blades Or Something? Any Idea How I Can Solve This? Or Should I Just Ask A Technician To Come Over?I Would Appreciate Any Helpful Answers.
The set screw that holds the blade assembly to the shaft may have come loose, or the pulley may have done the same. Also a blade on the fan may have gotten bent, or a bearing may be going bad. Also the grille cover may be loose, or some other access panel may be loose too. Our disconnect door gets loose and rattles. I just wedge a stick in it. On out old unit the fan blade assemble would come loose at the set screw, and one time some lazy SOB left the motor shaft too long for the condenser fan. It made enough noise to alert me to the problem before it chewed up an $800 condenser. On this same unit (same repairtwit) the wires to the fan motor were left where the fan was hitting them too. Turn the power off to the unit and check for loose access panels, grills, set screws, and other parts that rattle. Please turn it off at the fuse/breaker box. It will likely be the biggest breaker in the panel. It it only happens at certain speeds I suspect some loose part that is easily tightened. Warped fan blades are harder to deal with. Try everything else first, look for loose anything that can rattle. Remember motor start capacitors can store a charge and you can get a shock, so be careful. This is unlikely but possible so I will give a warning. The cap looks like a small cylindrical canister, or kind of the shape of a can of Spam only a little smaller, and the ends more rounded, but roughly the same size regardless of the shape. It would have two wires coming from it. Just don't touch both of those at the same time and you are safe. Its unlikely this would do more than jolt you and startle you a bit anyway, but safety first. Find anything that is loose and tighten it up, and wires or bunched wires that may be rattling should be taped up or tywrapped in a way to secure them. Warped blades that are causing a rattle will have to be carefully adjusted so they are all the same. Avoid screwing with this, as it has a lower chance of being the problem, but if you go twisting and bending on them it will become a problem. Good luck and be careful. Warped pulleys are also a great cause of rattling too. Make sure the pulleys are not wobbly too. If so loosen the set screw and make sure the shaft is not worn down, and tighten it back up straight. Bearings that are failing can do this too. Any excessive play as in easily being able to find play in the shafts in any direction is a sign of wear. Seek and eventually ye shall find. Up and down side to side play should be very minimal, but end play can be a little bit for bearings. This means that the shaft may move along its length, or parallel to, a little, but not any other direction like wobbly. Heck even a loose pillow block holding a bearing could do this or a worn spider that holds the bearing for a squirrel cage fan. Bryant units rattle a lot anyway. My neighbor has one. Its ok or was before it was ripped up by hail. Best of luck, and be safe!
What Is The Best Type Of Air Conditioner?
I Just Found Out That My Compressor Is Out On My Outside Air Conditioner Unit--What Is The Best Brand Of Air Conditioner To Buy?
I've had a Carrier for about 10 years and have had zero problems. I would double check with Consumer Reports for a better idea of the history of some units.
What Is The Best Brand Of Air Conditioner For Reliability?
Central Air For A 2000 Square Foot Home In Arizona.
As the gentleman above stated, Goodman, for the money, is a good choice. More upper end choices are; Trane ( also good warranty, Carrier, good too and GE. All these products are well designed and pro-form well. Shop around once you decide. Installing will be where you need to get 3 estimates. Best of luck!
How Can I Save Money? General Food Shopping, Things I Can Cut Out.?
My Husband And I Are Really Trying To Cut Out Things We Don'T Need. We Are Trying To Get On Top For Once, And Not Always Barely Be Making It.
Hi! That is a tough one and I think a lot of us are dealing with that, thanks to high gas prices. Here is what I have figured out- and if you have advice for me, too, please let me know!
1. if you are a 2 car household, take the one that gets better mileage anytime you are going somewhere far or together.
2. fresh produce is more expensive than frozen. I hate the idea of cutting it out, so I have resorted to farmers markets and trader joes (if your area has them). The produce is cheaper because it is grown locally, and from my experience, it actually lasts longer.
3. skip the lattes. Ahhh this is hard for me, but the $4 drinks a day at Starbucks add up quickly.
4. Generic Brand cleaning supplies and medicines- this has saved a ton- yes, for cleaning some work better than others, but most likely there is one that is just the same for what you are needing. With medicine, I have always found that Wallgreens brand of allergy, cold, flu medicine is just as good and about half of the price.
5. Rearrange your closet- I find that when I simply put things in a different order I become more creative with what I have, and then feel like I need less. This might curb an appetite for shopping. 🙂
6. Plan weekly meals. Shop on one day during the week, cook for the whole week and use leftovers in new recipes. (For instance, ground turkey or beef can be used one night for enchiladas and another for sloppy joes.) When meals are planned in advance it is easier to avoid impulse runs to the drive thru- which not only add up in your budget, but can also take credit for extra pounds. 🙂
7. Skip dessert and drinks at a restaurant- they build the bill quickly
8. Get a britta pitcher- purifying your own water saves a lot of money, versus buying bottled- and if you are a soda drinker, drinking water will help the budget as well as your skin and health. Drinking more water in general is better for both.
9. Have a change jar- I have found keeping a change jar helps me to put my money in one place, as opposed to $1.83 in change in this purse, $0.98 in the floorboard of the car, etc. When I don't have a central location for something I tend to lose it... which makes another good point. Being organized on a whole will save you money. If you lose things less, you will replace them less (change, pens, sunglasses, advil). lol they all disappear at my house. 🙂
10. Join the eco friendly world if you have not already and use ceiling fans and natural air when you can, instead of the air conditioner. On the same note, recycling can bring back a little money on anything where you are paying a CRV.
11. This one is painful, but if you have not already and things are tight, downgrade your cable and lower the plans for your cell phones. Most plans now have a *code number you can call to see where you are in your minutes for that cycle- this is a valuable feature that sometimes they are not excited for you to know about since they make a lot of extra money from overages. These things might force some needed alone time, too! 🙂
12. Back to meal planning, if you plan down to the details of every meal for the week- from cereal and grapefruit to sandwiches, dinner, meat veggie, casserole ingredients, etc. and go in with a list, you will spend less at the store. And it is true that if you shop while hungry you will be sorry! lol (That is the only time I will walk out with a bag of Doritos, a snickers and a coke.) Ahhh!
13. Make sure you pay your bills on time. Online bill pay is a great way if your bank has it- you just plug in the numbers each month, and it takes care of the rest. When trying to save money, the last thing you need is late fees on anything. Oh, and if you have credit cards, pay the highest interest ones off first and try to get them all paid off as soon as possible. If it means not going to a movie and dinner for 6 months, it will be worth it in the end.
14. Random side thought- if you are a movie goer, get up in the mornings and go to the early cheap show. I am throwing a lot of things out there, as I don't know what is hard for you to cut or what your lifestyle is like, but generally I would say cut everything you can think of that is not necessary- and if you are someone who has a hard time with boundaries and restraint (like me) give yourself a $5 a week fun budget- then you can feel like you are cheating if you want to order a dessert, buy a nail polish, catch a movie. But in the end if you put everything extra into your slush budget of $5, you will save a ton of money.
15. Use coupons
16. Lastly, change your mindset if it is negative- if you look at cutting back as having to give things up it will be harder. if you view your situation being thankful for everything you have, you will start to see your basics as luxury and not get down about what you are choosing to cut out. Good luck!! 🙂